The digitalization of business models and the growing phenomenon of big data, the Internet of Things, cloud, mobility and social media has determined the need to carefully manage huge quantities to quickly identify and process value information by sharing it with the different departments, from management, to marketing and customer satisfaction. The processing and sharing of such data determines a high level of control of the user, his habits, actions, physical and emotional states which constitutes a patrimony for the company and must be used and managed by adopting the appropriate levels of protection in line with the new European GDPR and international legislation. To this end, the Cyber Security Manager play a crucial role as he is able to develop an IT security strategy that allows the company to make the best use of sensitive data avoiding possible threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
This certificate program offers the theoretical and practical knowledge of privacy and security to train a professional who possesses the technological and organizational skills to analyze the company’s business structure and manage human resources and complex work teams. In particular, students will acquire advanced managerial skills to cover strategic roles with specific responsibilities in the field of audit, control, forecasting and risk management and compliance with the new regulations and processes on privacy and IT security.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES:
The program of the certificate focuses on fundamental topics for experts who intend to operate in the field of IT security, such as the legal aspects relating to the processing and storage of computer data, the problems relating to servers, networks and peripherals, the IT security regulations and the different types of intrusion. The course therefore has the objective of training managerial profiles with specialized skills in cyber security, capable of analyzing and evaluating corporate risks and planning intervention activities in response to cyber attacks and cyber crime. In particular, at the end of the course students will be able to:
- Know in depth the new GDPR regulation and the international regulation and its areas of application in the public and private sector
- Know and analyze the phenomena related to digital innovations such as mobility, social media, smart objects, business analytics, cloud computing and the Internet of Things
- Analyze and quantify the risks deriving from cyber threats and crimes
- Analyze complex corporate business systems
- Identify security requirements related to specific scenarios
- Know the main existing technologies in the field of security and crisis management
- Identify and design integrated security systems in line with regulations
- ICT Security Specialist
- Web Security Expert
- Mobile Security Expert
- Penetration tester
- Security Incident Analyst and Responder
- Cyber Security Manager
The course is addressed to a wide audience, from graduates to professionals who work independently or as employees and want to specialize their skills in the field of IT security. To enroll in the Course, a High School Diploma is required.
In particular, the course is addressed to:
- young graduates or graduates with previous skills in the IT sector who want to improve their skills in the field
- university students, especially those enrolled in Bachelors and Masters of Business and Computer Engineering or computer science
ONLINE STUDY FORMAT
The course is delivered in FULLY ONLINE with Video-classes and didactic and in-depth material available in e-learning mode on the MIA Digital University study platform accessible 24h / 24 from different devices (pc, smarthphone, tablets). Specifically, the study material includes:
- The video classes for each course accompanied by a power point presentation that summarizes the main contents of the lesson available on the platform as study material
- In-depth texts on the main topics of the classes
- Articles from newspapers and magazines and case studies on topics of particular relevance to the course
COURSE DURATION AND FINAL EVALAUTION:
The Certificate program lasts 6 months. The teaching structure includes a final multiple choice test which will be carried out through the study platform thanks to the coordination of the course’s didactic tutor. In order to allow students to apply the skills and tools they acquire during the teaching path to a real context, each student is asked to develop a project work on a specific course topic that will be proposed by the student and approved by the teachers. The Master’s ends with the presentation of the final project work during the final session of the Master at the University of Barcelona headquarters in the @22 technological district.